Essential Oils are growing very popular and are well known for their pain relieving and relaxing properties. But did you know that there are essential oils that reverse skin damage and fight wrinkles? What about essential oils that fade scars and stretch marks? These essential oils boost healthy skin cell development:
Of course Lavender is most known for its relaxing properties. Lavender also packs a pretty big punch on skin care. Lavender essential oil reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, aids in rapid skin healing from scrapes and burns, and helps treat sunburn.
Geranium has promoted healthy skin for thousands of years. It was used by the Egyptians to make their skin look young and radiant. Geranium helps tighten the skin and delay the aging process. It also fades spots and scars on your skin, while circulating the blood under the surface of the skin to evenly distribute melanin.
Sandalwood is a mild natural astringent that is used to soothe, cleanse, and tighten skin. It also reduces inflammation due to its ability to act in a similar manner as an NSAID. This helps reduce skin inflammation in boils, bumps, rashes, and other skin irritations. Sandalwood essential oil is high in antioxidants that reduces skin damage caused by free radicals. Sandalwood essential oil is such a powerful oil that many farms are harvesting their trees too soon, resulting in the near extinction of this highly prized and beneficial essential oil.
Helichrysum helps control and REVERSE the signs of aging. It helps reduce scarring, sunburn, puffiness under the eyes, and acne. It belongs to the sunflower family and has a strong, fruity, and sweet fragrance. Helichrysum essential oil is very beneficial for fighting fine lines and wrinkles. In its true and pure form, Helichrysum is one of the most expensive oils on the market.
Last but definitely not least is Frankincense. Mentioned prominently in the New Testament, Frankincense was once more valuable than gold. It is effective in reinvigorating the skin and lessening the appearance of scars and stretch marks. Helping slow down the aging process is only one of the amazing abilities of this oil that is “greatest among oils”. Frankincense essential oil heals skin as well. It helps treat skin wounds and has been used in salves for promoting skin healing for thousands of years.
Here are some additional spotlight of the benefits of Lavender.
- Helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles and aging skin
- Repairs sun damaged skin and aids in sunburn relief
- Reduces the appearance of scars and marks
- Gentle for almost all skin types
- Reduces muscle discomfort such as cramps and tight muscles
- Relaxes overactive legs at bedtime associated with Restless Leg Syndrome
- Reduces anxiety and stress
- Helps keep with focus disorders such as ADD & ADHD
- Shown in clinical studies to be as effective as Ativan in those with emotional disorders
- Helps reduce pain and inflammation associated with conditions such as Arthritis and Fibromyalgia
- Studies have suggested that massaging the scalp may help with hair loss from a condition called alopecia areata.
- Alleviates a headache by rubbing on the forehead and temples
- Inhaling the aroma aids in reducing nausea and upset stomach
Some Super Easy Lavender Essential Oil Life Hacks:
- Blend a few drops with a carrier oil or lotion at bedtime to massage onto your legs and feet for a better nights rest
- Mix a few drops with an alcohol or witch hazel base bottle and spritz on your pillows and sheets before bed
- Add a few drops to the rinse cycle and to a wool ball in the dryer to add the relaxing aroma to your clothes
- Keep a roller bottle in your purse to dab quickly on bee stings and bug bites for quick relief
- Place 4 pom poms saturated with Lavender Essential Oil in a ziploc bag and keep in your vehicle to help with motion sickness
- Put a few drops on a cotton ball and place next to your child while doing homework or studying for a test
- Blend with grapeseed oil and rub gentle on wrinkles before bed.
Want to learn more about how you can use Lavender and other pure & therapeutic essential oils in your daily routine without breaking the bank? Click here.
Questions? You can contact me here.
Nicki T-TwentyTwo Borrowed Stones